Monday 4 June 2012

Ronaldinho Keen To Link Up With Allardyce

Speaking from his Brazilian mansion perched high above Copacabana, Brazilian superstar Ronaldinho has set out the reasons why he is keen to link up with West Ham manager Sam Allardyce. He explained:

"My career is at a crossroads and I need a manager I can trust to guide me down the right path. Mr Allardyce has a fantastic reputation in Brazil and is known for the quality of his football and for the way he encourages players to express themselves on the pitch."

"I do not know a lot about West Ham if I am honest, but children in Brazil grow up dreaming of playing for the mighty Bolton Wanderers or Blackburn Rovers. As they play on the beaches and in the back streets, they picture themselves in the white of Bolton or the blue and white quarters of Blackburn and for why? Because of the great man known simply as "Big Sam" or "The Big Man" in Brazil".

"We love his emphasis upon fitness, work rate and statistics. Lots of people have the wrong idea about Brazilian football. It is true that the game looks to be carefree with the emphasis apparently upon raw skill and ability, but in our hearts we yearn to be part of a footballing machine grinding out results. I love the idea of defending from the front, of closing down opponents at every opportunity, of sacrificing my own game for the needs of the team and of preparing for the new season in a boot camp."

"It is true that I have complained of tiredness when attending training sessions in Brazil and that I have not always looked as if I care. But that is because I am in Brazil, where the sun always shines and where we play the game with a spirit of enjoyment. If I was in London, in the middle of a cold bleak winter, playing for the famous "Big Man", you would see a completely different attitude, I can assure you."

"The Brazilians nicknamed Scolari "Big" in tribute to Mr Allardyce and Felipe recognised that there was no greater honour in the game than to be associated with such a tactical guru. When he joined Chelsea, Scolari confided that he saw the job as a stepping stone to Bolton and was so excited about the prospect of meeting the "real Big Man" and when he lost the job, he rang me to say how he had over reached himself by sitting at the table of the gods."

"Can I measure up in England? With Big Sam's guidance anything is possible!"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

turn it in, you're an embarassment.

Emlyn said...

That's amazing! Who would've thought....

Hammersfan said...

Be fair 1705, he was a great player once. Show some respect!

The Shak said...

For real? Big Sam wants him?

Ryan said...

So, Ronaldinho and Yakubu possibly joining up with Fat Sam next season?

Time to invest shares in the local pie dealerships, lads. We'll be richer than astronauts.